Public Authorities Implementing Energy Efficiency Policies – PUBLEnEf Conference
EU level representatives presented the new policy framework for energy efficiency and latest financing opportunities, successful approaches will be discussed and effective tools shared. Participants had the chance to exchange with fellow experts on the key dimensions of energy efficiency policies and together explore the latest trends and solutions.
This session was introduced by keynote speeches detailing the new European Energy Efficiency legal framework as well as the most recent support policies.
Local and regional authorities shared their own experience from designing and implementing energy efficiency strategies.
- Main Lessons from PUBLENEF – Vlasis Oikonomou, Joint Implementation Network, Coordinator of PUBLENEF
- Key changes on energy efficiency in the Clean Energy for All Europeans package – Radoš Horacek, European Commission, DG Energy, Energy Efficiency Unit
- Does the new Energy Efficiency Directive put us on the right track towards respecting the Paris Climate Agreement? Miroslav Poche, European Parliament, Rapporteur on the Energy Efficiency Directive
- EU Funding for Energy Efficiency Market Uptake – Vincent Berrutto, Executive Agency for Small and Medium sized Enterprises
- From strategy to implementation: Upper Austria’s GEP programme – Christiane Egger, OÖ Energiesparverband, Upper Austria
- Transition to a resilient and nearly zero emission urban territory in 2050 – Marc Schlitz, City of Liège, Strategic Department
The policy recommendations arising from the PUBLENEF project were presented to the participants and an interactive panel discussion explored the challenges ahead and their potential solutions.
Stakeholder discussion on the key challenges ahead, opportunities and the support needed to achieve our energy efficiency targets
Paula Gallagher, Tipperary Energy Agency
Sander Happaerts, European Commission, DG REGIO, Smart and Sustainable Growth
Claire Roumet, Executive Director of Energy Cities
Francisco Puente, ESCAN – EMPOWER: More carbon reduction by dynamically monitoring energy efficiency
During this session PUBLENEF partners presented their main findings and practical results from the energy efficiency policy roadmaps. Project developers from across Europe shared and exchanged on their experience in stimulating investments in their territories. Financing schemes, replication of successful policies and citizen involvement were the operative words.
Moderator: Paul Kenny, Tipperary Energy Agency
Panel 1 – Cities and Regions investing in their energy efficiency action plansPietro Falconi, Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development-ENEA – EPC adoption status in public sector in Italy and Catania roadmap case study
Mia Dragovic, Institute for European Energy and Climate Policy – PROSPECT: peer-to-peer learning in regional and local authorities in order to finance and implement their sustainable energy and climate action plans Learn more about PROSPECT HERE
Reinhard Six, European Investment Bank – ELENA in short: Supporting Energy Efficiency and EPC market development
Panel 2 – Creating the right ecosystem to roll-out energy efficiency schemesDaan Creupelandt, European Federation of Renewable Energy Cooperatives- REScoop
Marie-Laure Falque-Masset, Institut d’aménagement et d’urbanisme de la région Île-de-France, Département énergie et climat ARENE
Piotr Gutowski, Polish National Energy Conservation Agency-KAPE – The concept of Energy Clusters in Poland
Annick Schwaiger, Bruxelles Environnement – innovate-Setting up innovative energy efficiency service packages for home renovations